Friday, July 27, 2007

Eggstraordinary Eggs

Since I no longer eat eggs everyday, I try to make them special when I do. One of my favorite breakfast/lunch dishes is a simple scramble. The theme for my scramble is directly related to the leftovers in my refrigerator. Lately, I’ve been on a kick using Provencal Sea Salt Blend and Provencal Bread Dipping Oil in almost everything I cook. I love the herbal aroma while my food is cooking and the finished taste is out of this world. This morning, I made a yummy scramble using leftover roasted potatoes, eggs, a dab of Red Bell Pepper Tapenade, parsley, and green onion. For seasoning, I used both the Provencal Sea Salt Blend and Bread Dipping Oil.

You can vary the amounts to suit your personal taste or what you have on hand. My suggested ingredients and quantities will feed two. Add some sliced fruit and a slice of whole grain toast to round out the meal.

Provencal Eggs


Method and Ingredients
2 fresh large eggs
1/2 cup leftover cooked, roasted potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 whole green onion, thinly sliced
1 or 2 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
1 tablespoon Provencal Bread Dipping Oil
2 tablespoon Red Bell Pepper Tapenade, divided
Provencal Sea Salt Blend, to taste
Paris Pepper Blend, to taste

Heat the Provencal Bread Dipping Oil in a skillet (non-stick keeps cleaning to a minimum) over medium heat. Add the cooked potatoes, sprinkle with a pinch of Provencal Sea Salt Blend and saut̩ for 2 Р3 minutes.

Crack open the eggs and add to the potatoes. While the eggs are cooking, stir with a wooden spatula to break them up. Sprinkle with a pinch of Paris Pepper Blend. Stir in 1 tablespoon of Red Bell Pepper Tapenade and continue cooking until the eggs are cooked. Stir in a few teaspoons of fresh parsley and green onion and remove from heat.

Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste. Divide into 2 portions, topping each with a dab of the reserved Red Bell Pepper Tapenade, and a sprinkle of the remaining parsley and green onion. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments: